RGV offers in-flight datalink products for Europe
Gloucestershire-based Aircraft and Avionics maintenance company RGV Aviation Ltd has recently become an authorised dealer for the in-flight datalink products created by Dr Golze Engineering.
Although an in-flight datalink has become a standard in North America, limited satellite coverage across Europe has prevented pilots within the UK and European countries from enjoying the same service. The ADL110B and ADL120 from Dr Golze Engineering are designed to fill this gap.
The ADL units from Dr Golze feature:
– In-flight downloadable weather radar maps;
– In-flight downloadable strike maps;
– The download of METAR / TAF for specified airports;
– An ability to send and receive SMS messages in flight;
– Live internet position updates during your journey;
– iPad operation with the ADLConnect application.
Avionics Manager at RGV Aviation, Dave Waterman, explained, “RGV is excited to be able to provide the ADL110B and the ADL120 from Dr Golze Engineering. These units are standalone and a great alternative to installed datalink equipment, making them a cost effective, intuitive and useful solution for UK and European GA aircraft owners.”
For additional information about Dr Golze Engineering’s ADL units or to make a purchase, visit RGV Aviation’s website – www.rgv.co.uk/shop
With Thanks to FLYER.co.uk